What information should I collect from the scene of the accident?
Car accidents can be very rattling. It may be difficult to keep your peace of mind after being involved in one of these frightening incidents. However, it is important for you to remember to collect information at the scene of the incident, after you make sure that everyone involved is okay.
- You should do the following:
- Exchange personal information with the other driver (names, addresses, phone numbers)
- Write down the other driver’s license plate number
- Exchange insurance information
- Gather personal information of any witnesses to the accident
- Note the wreck location and current weather conditions
- Photographically document the crash, if you have a camera on-hand
If you would like to speak with an attorney about your specific questions, then the Madison car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help. Contact our offices today at 800-242-2874 to get the personal help you need.