5 Alarming Drunk Driving Statistics
Despite the fact that the dangers of drunk driving are widely known, individuals continue to make the reckless decision to get behind the wheel after they have been consuming alcohol. This endangers the safety of any other parties on or near the roadway, and it is wholly unacceptable because it creates a needless additional threat in an already hazardous environment. The following are five drunk driving statistics which cast light on just how troubling this ongoing negligence is:
- Someone is injured in a drunk driving accident every minute in the US
- 50 – 75% of those convicted of drunk driving continue to drive with a suspended license
- Those who are convicted of drunk driving charges drove while intoxicated an average of 87 times before their arrest
- More than 10,000 Americans will die in alcohol-related accidents this year – that’s one person every 50 minutes
- Of the 605 car accident fatalities in Wisconsin in 2008, 250 were alcohol-related
The most important thing for victims of drunk driving accidents to know is that you do not have to face all these struggles alone. So often, concerned friends and family gather about accident victims in the days and weeks after an accident, but it is only human nature that their attention trails off, and you may still have physical, medical, and financial needs. Legal action against the driver who caused your injuries can help to provide for these.
To learn more about your legal rights if you have been the victim of an accident caused by an intoxicated motorist, contact the Madison DWI accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. by calling 800-242-2874 today. We are vigorously committed to helping our clients to pursue the financial compensation that they need and deserve.